Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Seeking a good processing Lab

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Malone's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20th, 2000
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    For a practice roll of Super 8, I used Prep Film Services in Northville, MI (has a Web site)--the quality was fine (anyone have the good word on them?). I want the best service I can get...I know Baumgarten in Plattsburgh NY is recommended, but his turnaround time seems to vary. Any suggestions? I am from the Midwest and figured there might be a lab in Minneapolis, Dallas...

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Film Craft Lab in Detroit does Super8 B&W they are expensive(I think that they charge around 12.00 a roll)but, they do nice work. I use them for all my large gauge film and it comes back great. The other lab that I have used is Film and Video Services in Minneapolis(B&W is 6.50). I have had good results from them until the last batch came back and looked like crap. Maybe they did not change their chemistry--maybe a lot of things but I am not sure if I am going to use them again. I use labs on my important B&W because my hand developing is good but not consistant. As for color you can use Kodak or Fuji. I have used both and both seem to be equal. Fuji is cheaper and faster. Good luck and if you have any more questions just email me.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member chrust19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2000
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I use Yale Labs in North Hollywood. I've had pritty good results with them. If you get your film in early in the day, it's processed same-day, so the turnaround is pritty quick.

    Christi

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    Carefull with Yale labs though. They do good work but if your film has content that questions their "christian" beliefs, then they will keep your film for good. So be careful what you send them. Make sure the film lets say is not violent or explicit in any form. Han.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Malone's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20th, 2000
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks all for your help.
    I went ahead with Film Craft Lab in Detroit.
    smile

  6. #6
    Inactive Member chas_ucla's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Re Yale:
    I think the problem is more in transferring your film to video -- I've had plenty of sex and violence in my S-8 films and they developed and returned them just fine. I don't think they view the entire film, just the front and end bits to make sure the exposure is ok.

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Malone:
    Thanks all for your help.
    I went ahead with Film Craft Lab in Detroit.
    smile
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •